Your Finances & Your Benefits
Mortenson makes it easy and convenient to save for retirement. After 60 days team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and begin taking advantage of the Mortenson $1 for $1 matching contributions up to 4%. 401(k) plans are provided through Fidelity Investments.
- You are eligible at 60 days of service, and 18 years of age.
Generous Company Matching Contribution
- Dollar for Dollar match up to 4% of your base pay.
- Your team member contributions plus earnings are always 100% yours. (This means you keep them if you decide to leave Mortenson).
- You must work at Mortenson for over three years (more than 1,000 hours per calendar year) to keep the Company matching contributions and earnings. (This means the Company matching contributions may not be yours to keep if you decide to leave Mortenson before you reach three years of service.)
- Contributions are made before tax, resulting in lower current taxes.
Maximum Savings Contribution
- You can save up to 75% of your base pay and overtime up to the IRS maximum of $19,500 in 2020.
- If you are 50 or older in 2020, you may contribute an extra $6,500 in catch-up contributions.
- Target Date Funds are the default investment election, but several different investment options are available.
After 60 days of employment you will be eligible for the 401(k) plan, and will receive an automatic enrollment packet in the mail. You can register at Fidelity NetBenefits website or by calling 1-800-835-5095.
Reminder: after 90 days of employment, if you did not register, you will be automatically enrolled at 4% in your designated Target Date Fund. This means that 4% will be deducted from your paycheck after 90 days, if you do not take action.
401(k) contributions can be viewed or updated at any time.
Once you are logged into your account:
- Select the “Quick Links” drop down found in the middle of the page,
- Select “Contribution Amount” from the drop down, and
- Select “Contribution Amount” on the next screen as well.
From the following screens you will be able to:
- View or update the amount you contribute to your retirement savings plan.
- Team Members 50-plus can also view or change their catch-up contribution election (Note: Catch-up Contribution Amount is per pay period).
- Be sure to select “Change Contribution Amount” after you edit your Contribution Amount or Catch-Up Contribution Amount.
- You can also change the amount or timing of your automatic annual Contribution Amount election; increase or consolidate your 401(k)’s by moving money into your current retirement savings plan or an IRA.
Team Members can also rollover funds from previous employer’s 401k accounts by:
Mortenson offers several investment options including Target Date Funds. Target Date Funds hold a mix of stocks, bonds and investments that automatically adjust to align your risk as you age as well as 14 other investment options. You can choose to invest in multiple target date funds, or a blend of a custom mix investment portfolio and target date funds. You can change your investments by:
- Calling Fidelity at 1-800-835-5095.
- Meeting with an in-person Fidelity advisor.
- Visit the Fidelity NetBenefits website.
If no action is taken, team members will be auto-enrolled in the Target Date appropriate for their age. This investment strategy is tied to where team members are in their lifetime; essentially investing in funds, bonds, equities and assets targeted for their age and closeness to retirement.
You must qualify for a withdrawal to have access to your 401(k) savings.
Contact Fidelity at 1-800-835-5095 to determine if you qualify for one of the eligible withdrawal options below:
- Hardship withdrawals require the team member to show proof they are purchasing a home, have unreimbursed health care expenses, have post-secondary education expenses, the funds are needed to prevent eviction or foreclosure, for funeral or burial expenses or to repair damage to the team member’s primary residence.
- The team member has reached age 59 ½.
- Military withdrawals are available to active duty, deployed military members.
- Rollover withdrawals allow team members access to funds from other retirement accounts that have been rolled into the Mortenson 401(k) Plan.
Mortenson cares about your and your family. We want to provide benefits that provide for your beneficiaries in the event of your death. Life insurance is provided through Mortenson’s partnership with Securian Financial.
- $5,000 life insurance provided by Mortenson on day 1 upon hire
- $25,000 life insurance if you enroll in medical after 30 days of service
- End of life planning
- Final Arrangements
- Expedited Funeral Home payment
- Services for any method of travel (domestic or foreign) starting with travels over 100 miles from home
- Repatriation assistance
- Can also call: 1-855-516-5433 (US/Canada) or +1-415-484-4677 (International)
Team members who are enrolled in the medical plan are eligible for benefits with an approved disability – if you find yourself unable to work due to injury or illness. Disability or leave of absence is determined by medical record review completed by Cigna Leave Solutions.
Next, notify your supervisor of the dates you will be off work and the date you will be returning to work. Be sure to contact your supervisor if these dates change.
- Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), you are not required to share the medical or personal reason(s) you’re off work with your supervisor or coworkers.
Following the conversation with HR, eligible team members can contact Cigna Leave Solutions at 1-888–842–4462 to file a disability claim.
For more information, please refer to the Non-Union Craft Disability Leave Guide [PDF] .
|Disability Plan||Coverage Level|
|Weekly Benefit||$500 per week|
|Disability payment begins||First day for hospitalization or eighth day for illness|
|Disability payment length||Up to 26 weeks|
|Maternity||First day hospitalization|
You can also find more information in the disability section of this site.
Learn more about filing for disability leave [PDF}.